Wednesday 7 September 2016

Wood Fired Shower and a Beer?

After spending almost the entire day with Richard at the potholes I decided I could probably only make it about 5 miles down the trail before it got dark.

As I was about to say goodbye and pack up, he invited me to meet his family and have dinner and a beer...I couldn't refuse!

When I got to his ranch I met his sister Penny, her husband Lloyd, and his niece Cheryl. They greeted me and immediately asked if I'd like beer or wine. Then they pointed to their wood fired shower outside overlooking the river and asked if I wanted to wash up or do any laundry. I was already feeling so fresh from swimming and had spent the morning doing laundry in the river, but couldn't pass up the opportunity for what seemed like the coolest spa session ever. I took my beer into the shower and took it all in.

We had fresh fish that someone had caught earlier that day, shrimp, and steak for dinner!

Cheryl kept asking me if I thought I was dreaming and I kept hoping I hadn't passed out from heat exhaustion before the Muir Trail junction the day before only to wake up sunburned and thirsty.

But the next morning, I woke up after sleeping under the stars feeling full, rested, and a little slower after drinking two glasses of wine with dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment