Friday 19 August 2016

Day 2 Crescent Spring to Maidu Lake

Distance: 24 miles
What an incredibly long day. I got two second winds but my feet paid the price.


The trail was really sandy and it seemed impossible to keep my feet and socks clean. I had to stop to change my socks twice which seemed way too time consuming. I noticed all the other hikers passing me going northbound had small nylon gaiters that clipped onto their laces so I made it my mission to try to make a pair. I had a lot of time while walking to take inventory of what I had to work with and decided I'd cut the sleeves off my oldest underlayer and try to make a pair of my own.



After finally making it to Maidu Lake and treating my feet to a hand sanitizer and Voltaren (muscle rub) pedicure, I got out my needle and thread and got to work. Stay tuned for the result!





No comments:

Post a Comment